Careers at Siderise®
We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team. If you think that your skills and experience would fit well with the Siderise brand please send us a copy of your CV along with a covering letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
No agencies please
To support the Finance team in its day-to-day operations, with a specific focus on suppliers & company expenditure.
Role and responsibilities:
- Processing of all purchase invoices & credit notes for Siderise Insulation & Siderise Special Products.
- Processing of the monthly supplier payment run & any ad hoc payments.
- Process BACS payments.
- Ensure all payments made are allocated for month end, if unable to allocate, must be able to report why.
- Take ownership of the Purchase Ledger Inbox.
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
- Monitor company expenditure and produce a monthly spend report by supplier.
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details.
- Maintain strong business relationships with suppliers.
- Responsible for record keeping and a clear and easy to use reference system for filing documents.
- Track and resolve AP problems and discrepancies as needed.
- Review procedures and systems to identify improvement opportunities.
- Provide cover and support on the Sales Ledger & Credit Control as and when required.
- Provide additional support to the Finance team as and when required.
- Provide support during the year end and audit process.
- An understanding of Finance processes & good practice is required.
- Awareness and understanding of the construction industry.
- Experience of working within a busy Finance department is essential.
- Experience of running a Purchase Ledger is required
Qualifications & training
- GCSE’s, including Mathematics.
- Knowledge & experience of Microsoft Office & accountancy software, in particular the use of spreadsheets.
Skills & attributes:
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team.
- Efficient and organised approach.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to deal with people from all backgrounds & maintain strong relationships, both internal and external.
- Ability to communicate in a clear & concise manor, both written and verbally.
- Strong IT skills.
- Able to prioritise tasks.
Roles & Responsibilities
Purpose of this position
• To support the Group Head of HR and embed a strategic approach to HR development and management that results in more effective front line delivery;
• To provide a visible, professional generalist HR service to Line Managers and employees, advising on matters of policy and procedure in line with appropriate legislation;
• Assist and co-ordinate strategic HR policy to ensure that HR objectives are aligned to corporate strategy and are achieved;
• Assist the recruitment process, development, management and retention of staff, performance management and safety and welfare issues to ensure a consistent and valuable service is provided to all Managers and employees;
• Understand Managers deliverables and team issues, including staff and personal development and management priorities;
• Provide high quality support and advice in developing and progressing people management solutions to achieve business objectives;
• Make recommendations to the Group Head of HR by evaluating and enhancing existing HR practices to ensure they are in line with good practice and ensure functional efficiency;
• Work with Line Management to promote best practice and support Manager to ensure that HR initiatives and policies are being implemented in a consistent manner to minimise risk and financial exposure;
• Ensure that all documentation is provided in accordance with statutory requirements with regard to employment law;
• Continue to offer ongoing support to the Group Head of HR issues;
• Encourage and coach Managers to consider HR issues at an early stage and at a strategic level by continuously communicating with them thereby increasing perceived value of HR and deal with employee issues promptly and appropriately;
• Alongside the Group Head of HR, adapt, review and embed agreed operating policies and procedures into HR policies;
• Provide HR advice and guidance to Line Managers and employees on matters of policy and procedure in line with appropriate legislation so the management of staff is effectively carried out in accordance with statutory requirements;
• Assist in assessing and seeking to improve current processes and to develop new digital processes to minimise risk;
• Assist the Group Head of HR when championing new initiatives that support strategic goals, negotiate and implement change successfully and encourage others to change e.g. through compensation and benefits activities;
• Provide up to date KPI’s and analyse and interpret the data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions to the Senior Management Team;
• Manage Recruitment and selection process, as well as contractors, temporary staff and casual employees in a timely and professional fashion and ensuring a diverse workforce is maintained;
• Maintain internal job advertising ensuring all employees are informed of vacancies;
• Champion for four pillars of wellbeing Mental Health, Wealth, and Social. Develop and implement communications and initiatives;
• Drive performance management in partnership with the Line Managers, encouraging SMART objective setting as well as professional development;
• Administer the performance management system;
• Monitor and review the Performance Management system, ensuring that all annual Performance Contracts are developed and reviews carried out in a timely manner and followed up with advice on appropriate objectives where necessary;
• Educate, communicate and support a learning culture within the business;
• In consultation with Managers, follow up on individual development needs and source and direct the relevant in-house training via LMS and external learning and development programmes to retain high calibre staff by enhancing their skills to achieve business goals through Talent Management initiatives;
• Respond to and support Managers in dealing with complex disciplinary/grievance and HR issues, using HR and company knowledge evidencing appropriate decision-making skills and being mindful of cost and other implications of decisions made;
• Develop and support engagement surveys, measure results, manage focus groups and support the business to make changes where necessary;
• Champion new initiatives in support of strategic goals and those defined by employee feedback from the engagement survey. Negotiate and implement change successfully and encourage others to change;
• Provide support to Group Head of HR as necessary, all HR queries should receive a timely response from at least one member of the department;
• Support the HR Co-Ordinator to provide advice to all employees and encourage the development of high level of expertise within the HR Co-Ordinator;
• Support the Group Head of HR with all HR communications;
• Manage the Job Evaluation process ensuring all roles have a job grade;
• Manage the long service awards for employees;
• Manage the Above & Beyond Awards and ensure all awards are given in a timely manner;
• Embrace the principles of anti-discriminatory practice throughout all areas of work;
• Contribute to the continuous business improvement process and to the meeting of business objectives;
• To be an ambassador for the company at all times internally and externally;
• Comply with the Health & Safety Policy and safe working practices, ensure responsibility for safety and discipline in work area and report accidents and ‘near misses’ in accordance with defined safety procedures;
The above outlined responsibilities are not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other tasks that are appropriate to your role in addition to these.
Level 7 CIPD qualified (or working towards) or equivalent experience
Job Function Technical Knowledge and Skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to be able to coach others to agree on or to take a course of action;
• Resilient questioning and excellent influencing skills using direct and tailored influencing approaches;
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop good relationships but still keep professional distance due to ‘governance’ role;
• Leadership and personal effectiveness;
• Able to work to key deadlines;
• Desire for accuracy;
• Desire for creativity (when introducing change);
• Able to maintain confidentiality as information is sensitive;
• Critical influencing and assertive skills due to potential legacy issues;
• Excellent time management skills; due to management of workload
• Ability to use own initiative;
• Be highly motivated and proactive;
• Good team player;
• Good cultural awareness of other countries in which we operate;
• Enthusiastic, energetic and keen to further develop the critical skills and knowledge necessary to work within an HR environment;
• Self-motivated / and assertive;
Register your CV
If you think your skills and experience would be suitable for Siderise please send us a copy of your CV with a covering letter.